Houston Radar Support Forum Product Support FAQ Doppler Radar Support How do I connect Doppler radar to the network?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Houston Radar’s Doppler radars typically have one or two serial ports but no Ethernet port. How to I connect my radar to the network?

Sergei Sharonov
    Keymaster

In order to connect our Doppler radar to the network one must use a device called “terminal server”. Terminal server converts serial port into the Ethernet port. Many such devices are available on the marketplace and range in price from $80 to over $500. We have tested three terminal servers to work well with our radars.

1. ES-551 from Brainboxes
      Advantages: DIN rail form factor (if you need that), robust galvanic isolation, full industrial temperature range (-40°C to +80°C), convenient removable terminal blocks.
      Disadvantages: higher price (~$300), may need to be upgraded to the latest firmware to achieve maximum throughput.
    2. USR-N520 from USR IOT
      Advantages: low price(~$90), dual serial ports allow connection to two radars, full industrial temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
    3. NPort 5150A from Moxa
      Advantages: small form factor, reasonable price (~$130), wide temperature range (-40 to 75°C)
    Rony
    Keymaster

Using Moxa NPort 5150A

Default IP Address: 192.168.127.254

Factory Default Password: moxa

Setup the Moxa NPort 5150A’s Network and Serial Configuration as shown belowMoxa NPort

Moxa Nport

Create a Remote Radar Entry in StatsAnalyzer software as shown below:

Houston Radar Analyzer Pro Setup

Connect to the Remote Radar over the Moxa Ethernet to Serial Bridge as shown below:

Houston Radar Stats Analyzer Pro Setup

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Vipin Malik.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Vipin Malik.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.