Houston Radar Support Forum Product Support FAQ Tetryon Cloud Software Support How to Connect Into a Radar That is Calling the Tetryon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I have a radar with a modem that has a private IP address. I cannot reach it directly. However, it is calling the Tetryon server. Is there any way I can connect back into the radar when it calls the Tetryon to make configuration changes to it, adjust lanes or download the per-vehicle data for processing in Houston Radar Stats Analyzer?

Vipin Malik
    Keymaster

You can connect to the radar via the Houston Radar Stats Analyzer by using the Tetryon’s ‘Rendezvous’ functionality. You configure the Tetryon location that you want to Rendezvous with (when the radar next calls in). The Tetryon will hold the connection and open a port for you to connect to. You connect to this port (in the Tetryon, not the radar) using the Houston Radar Stats Analyzer Configuration tool (using the Remote radar feature).

The Tetryon will then connect the two sockets behind the scenes. The only functionality not yet available is video streaming. However, you can take snapshots or do any other configuration changes that you otherwise could if you were connected directly.

Here is  a brief video demonstrating this:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Vipin Malik.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Vipin Malik.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.