Houston Radar Support Forum Product Support FAQ SpeedLane Multi-Lane Detector Support How to Edit Lanes for Proper Detection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I had to install and setup the radar late at night when there was no traffic.  I was unable to set the lanes properly as the “peaks” that are built up on the left side were not created (due to lack of traffic).

Now my lanes are off and I need to adjust them. How can I do that?

Vipin Malik
    Keymaster

As long as the radar was aligned properly when it was installed, you can always adjust the lanes later during traffic hours.

As a refresher, here are some basic rules for alignment:

• Ensure SpeedLane is level to the road. If road is level, the SpeedLane level sensor should read 0 degrees (or at most +/- 1 deg).
    • Ensure SpeedLane is pointed across the road. You can use lane markers and check if they are parallel to the bottom or top of the photo in the camera snapshot.
    • Ensure all lanes to be measured are visible in the camera snapshot. The red “+” (target cross hair) in the camera snapshot should be pointed anywhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of all the lanes to be measured.

If the setup is correct, the short video below shows you how to adjust the lanes using the traffic “peaks” in the range plot to adjust the lane boundaries for proper detection.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.