Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We received 2 of your TS500 Radar Simulators about a week ago.  At the time I didn’t have the windows based software to set these up, so I proceeded with the advanced setup as outlined in the text material I had received.  I was able to eventually get one of them setup like I wanted and it worked like it was supposed to work.  The other one I setup with the windows based software once it was received.  I setup the 5 speeds and left the default times, and set it to loop through the 5 speeds.  It also worked as expected.  I set them aside and was going to start using them today, but it was decided that the speeds needed to be changed.  I opened the windows software and connected the Target Simulator to my laptop using the same Usb- 9Pin I used to set the up before.  When I tried to connect to the simulator the software came back with ‘No Simulator Found’.

I tried both simulators several times and received the same error message.  I then tried to connect using the ‘Advanced’ Method and could not connect that way either.  I tried another Usb – 9Pin adapter that I use on another PC board for setting up Parameters and it also wouldn’t work.

Any suggestions on what to try next ?

Vipin Malik
    Keymaster

The first thing to determine would be if the USB to serial is working.

We suggest using TeraTerm terminal program to open the serial port. If you do not get any error in opening the serial port, set the serial port settings to 115200,no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no hardware handshaking. (115200,N,8,1)

Then with the port open and the unit connected power cycle the simulator. On startup it print out the version number of the firmware. You can also type help in the simulator. You should see a response.

If you do not see any activity on the terminal program, check the power going to the unit and the cabling/wiring. Since both units were working and now are not working, there is something wrong with either the USB to serial, the cabling, the power going to the unit or the cable/wire hookup.

Steve
    Participant

@vipinmalik

I have them both working again.

Found that the power connection was intermittent. May have to hardwire the power connections.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.