PNL18 kit is a low power speed feedback sign building block. Our state-of-the-art DR600 Doppler radar integrated with an Amber color sunlight readable two-digit 7-segment display makes it ideal for use in slim radar signs for highways, work zones and roads with higher speed limits or where long-range visibility is required. With an addition of a power source and enclosure, this kit can be quickly brought to market as a complete product.
- Zero cables highly integrated design assembles in minutes.
- 18” (46cm) digit height with 30% inter-character separation is matched to 2000+ ft (600+m) detection range of the radar for optimal display legibility¹
- Best in class power efficiency achieved by:
- Low power DR600 radar drives display eliminating extra CPU.
- In built ambient light sensing and automatic brightness control.
- Ambient temperature compensation of LED drive voltage.
- High efficiency boost regulator for LED drive voltage.
- With no traffic present, radar automatically powers down the display further reducing power consumption to only 0.1W.
- Wide input supply voltage operation allows flexible power supply options ranging from 3, 4 or 5 cell Lithium Ion packs to 6 or 12V Lead Acid batteries without sacrificing sign efficiency.
- Built-in rotary switch allows user to set cutoff and violator speed alerts in the field without connecting to a computer.
- White LED strobe and display flashing can be optionally activated to draw attention to speeding.
- Expandable with a 100’s “1” digit and “SLOWDOWN” via connector²
- Radar is FCC approved with CE mark and available in 24.125GHz and 24.200GHz versions for worldwide deployment.
- Ground speed compensation feature to deploy on moving trucks.
- Optional built-in traffic statistics collection³
All specifications are subject to change.
¹Pickup distance is typical and will vary with road conditions and targets.
²1’s digit trigger can operate in addition to white strobe (unlike PNL10).
³Statistics feature will not work with ground speed compensation enabled. Statistics collected for incoming traffic only
|PNL18 Short Form Data Sheet||DownloadPreview|
|PNL18 User Manual||DownloadPreview|
|Android App - Download from Google Play Store||Download from Google Play Store||Download|
|Houston Radar Stats Analyzer Installer||Download|
Dimenstions: 18.5”x 26.8”x 1.3” (47 x 68 x 3.2 cm)
8.5VDC to 16VDC (18V max)
Icc@12VDC (Radar always on) (“88” on display)
Display blank: 20 mA typ
Radar RF out
24.125GHz or 24.200 GHz
Operating °F (°C)
-40 (-40) min to 185 (85) max
2000+ feet (600+ m) typical in full
FCC ID (Radar)
CE Mark (Radar)
11,000 nits (cdm) maximum
Hundreds digit for PNL18
Advanced In-Radar Statistics for Data Logging
Triggered by the PNL18
"SLOW DOWN" two line fixed message 18in tall passive board with amber LED's triggered by PNL18
USB Power Dongle
USB power supply and PC COM port serial interface for Houston Radar sensors.
External Antenna Bluetooth
Class 1 long range Bluetooth module with male DB9 and external antenna in DTE configuration
Chip Antenna Bluetooth
Class 1 long range Bluetooth module with male DB9 and chip antenna in DTE configuration
3310Hz 46MPH Radar frequency check tuning fork