PD300/PD310 is a state of the art FMCW milli-power radar designed for presence indication, volume and occupancy measurements on the roads with up to 6 lanes of detection. It is the premier product in its class available in the world. Typical applications include ground loop replacement, multi-lane traffic counters, mid-block detectors, stopped traffic detectors/incident detectors, vehicle actuated signals and intrusion.
- World’s smallest and lowest power usage ranging FMCW radar. At 0.18 Watts, it requires 10X to 20X less power than competing products.
- Simultaneously tracks up to six targets within a range of 120ft (37m).
- Available with 38×45° (PD300) & 20×60° (PD310) beam options.
- Up to 6 user-configurable lanes allows for maximum detection flexibility
- Unmatched range resolution down to 0.25 inch (0.63cm) (see manual).
- Highway & intersection optimized modes allow variety of applications.
- Six trigger outputs can be mapped to any combination of lanes.
- Companion Windows application provides intuitive GUI to set all.
- Configuration parameters and display real time plots of the targets.
- Wide input voltage range and low power simplifies solar operation.
- Firmware “boot loader” allows for field upgrading of the firmware.
- 100% built-in self-test for high confidence.
- IO break-out board available for quick evaluation.
- Built-in statistics storage memory for stand-alone data gathering.
- Full industrial temperature range. Potted for high reliability.
- FCC pre-approved with CE mark.
|Android App - Download from Google Play Store||Download from Google Play Store||Download|
|Houston Radar Stats Analyzer Installer||Download|
5.5 to 18VDC (21V max)
15 mA (0.18 Watts) Avg.
Radar RF out
5 mW maximum
24.020 to 24.230 GHz
Frequency with linear ramp
Operating °F (°C)
-4 (-40) min to 185 (85) max
Max Pickup Distance
120 feet (36.58m) in Highway mode
80 feet (24m) in Intersection mode
150 mA max each, up to 28VDC max
Sample Update Rate
Open frame: 1.75Wx1.7Hx0.5D” (44x42x12 mm)
0.05Kg (0.1 lbs) approx
Molex Pin # (Marked with Triangle)
Do not connect.
Trigger “open drain“output #6
Trigger “open drain“ output #5
Trigger “open drain“ output #4
Trigger “open drain“ output #3
Trigger “open drain“ output #1
Trigger “open drain“ output #2
RS232 Transmit from radar
RS232 Receive from radar
Added cable for weatherproof radars past the standard 2 feet
SS300 IO Board
SS400 IO Board
SS300ULG Radar Input/Output Connector Interface board w/ DB9 connector, speed threshold s/w and sensitivity setting
PD300 IO Board
PD300 IO Board
PD300/SS400 Radar Input/Output Connector Interface board w/ DB9 connector. No Mosfet or rotary switch
USB Power Dongle
USB power supply and PC COM port serial interface for Houston Radar sensors
External Antenna Bluetooth
Class 1 long range Bluetooth module with male DB9 and external antenna in DTE configuration
Chip Antenna Bluetooth
Class 1 long range Bluetooth module with male DB9 and chip antenna in DTE configuration
SS400 Open Frame DB9 Cable
SS300 Open frame 12 core 2feet (0.5m) 1:1 cable with female Molex connector on both ends.