“SLOW DOWN” radar activated kit is an ultra low power speed measurement and message display building block. Our state of the art SS400 Doppler radar integrated with ultra high brightness LED’s written as “SLOW DOWN” message makes it ideal for use in small, thin and light radar activated message sign for school zones, residential roads, home owners associations, business parks, private roads, large parking lots and other similar installations. With an addition of a power source and enclosure, this kit can be quickly brought to market as a complete product.
- World’s smallest and lowest power usage OEM K-Band Doppler radar at 0.05 Watts, 12X lower than our DR500S radar and up to 50X lower than some other industry offerings
- 300+ feet (90+m) typical pickup range for a compact vehicle
- Ground speed tracking and measurement mode
- FCC pre-approved with CE mark
- Fully configurable via RS232 serial port for all settings
- Simple rotary switch or thumbwheel input possible to set threshold
- Wide input operating range allows solar operation
- 1.75Wx1.65Hx0.5D in (44x42x12 mm) open frame ultra-thin profile
- 1.9Wx2.1Hx0.9D in (4.5×4.8×2.4 cm) weatherproof enclosure option
- Firmware “boot loader” allows for field upgrading of firmware
- Two LED Lamp outputs to drive 1.8W LED lamps with dimming
- One photo sensor input to sense ambient light to dim LED lamps
- 100% self-test feature built-in including self power usage
- Best in class “Advanced In-Radar” traffic statistics option available
- True Average Speed feature built-in for very low cost, easy to deploy, average traffic speed measurements on the road
- IO expansion board w/ DB9 connector, rotary s/w and isolated high power output available
Absolutely. The “SLOW DOWN” kit incorporates our advanced digital SS400 directional Doppler radar. You may select the minimum speed above which the message will illuminate. Additionally, you may also select a “speed limit” threshold above which the message will blink. These limits can be changed via a PC, on-board rotary switch (on the back) or via the radar serial port from your attached controller if you chose to use one.
Absolutely. The “SLOW DOWN” kit is designed to operate from any DC source ~7.5VDC to 18VDC including traditional 12VDC nominal lead-acid batteries. To operate from AC mains, you need to provide and inexpensive 5 Watts or greater AC to DC converter. Many such converters are available in the market.
You can have a sign that also shows the vehicle speed and blinks “SLOW DOWN” if vehicles are speeding. Our PNL10 speed display kit measures and shows the vehicle speed. Additionally, you can trigger this “SLOW DOWN” message sign directly from it. In this configuration, the SLOW DOWN board is a very inexpensive option as it does not use a separate radar and is a simple string of LED’s.
The In-Radar Advanced Traffic Statistics collection is available as a normal cost option in the radar kit.
We offer standard “MUTCD” Amber color LED’s.
In addition to your kit, what else do I need to provide to complete a radar activated message product
To complete a working sign you need to provide just a suitable enclosure and power source (AC to DC converter for AC powered signs or battery and charger for battery-powered signs)In fact, we will even suggest to you a suitable AC to DC converter as well an advanced LiFePO4 battery, AC charger or maximum power point technology (MPPT) ultra-low standby power solar charger to use with your final product. To derive the maximum benefit from our ultra-low power usage radar message kit, it is important for it to be matched up with similarly advanced components to complete the sign.
|Android App - Download from Google Play Store||Download from Google Play Store||Download|
|Houston Radar Stats Analyzer Installer||Download|
7.5VDC to 15VDC (18V max)
Display blank: 9.5 mA
Radar RF out
5 mW maximum
24.125GHz or 24.200 GHz
Operating °F (°C)
-40 (-40) min to 185 (85) max
300+ feet (90+ m) in most cases
FCC ID (Radar)
CE Mark (Radar)
11”x16”x1.1” (28 x 41 x 2.8 cm)
15”x10” (38 x 25 cm)
1 lbs (450g) approximately
10,000 nits (cdm) maximum
Advanced In-Radar Statistics for Data Logging
Tuning Fork (120-0010)
3310Hz 46MPH Radar frequency check tuning fork