Houston Radar Support Forum Product Support FAQ Armadillo Tracker Speed and Volume Collector Support Merging Data from Two Different Armadillo Trackers into One Project

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I’m using two Armadillo Trackers/StatTracks to collect data on a 4 lane road (one on each side).

I would like to merge data from both data collectors into one project, using only the closer lane data from each unit thus doing an analysis on all 4 lanes. How can I achieve this?

Vipin Malik
    Keymaster

Yes, this is possible by following the steps below:

1. Create a project and import the data from one radar into it.
    2. Click on the “Manage Imported Data” tab.
    3. Select the direction you do NOT want to keep from this import (e.g. if the closer lanes are incoming, you want to delete the outgoing lanes as they will not have accurate data and you’ll get the outgoing data from the other device mounted on the other side of the road). Delete this direction data.
    4. Import the data from the other radar (that’s mounted on the other side) into this same project.
    5. Click on “Manage Imported Data” tab again and delete the direction you do not want (keep the closer lanes and delete the far lanes going the other way). This is possible as each imported data set is kept separate in the “Manage Imported Data” tab. They are assigned different ID’s (see image below).
    6. If the two radars were mounted in opposite directions (so closer lanes are incoming for both), you would want to use the “Switch Data” button to either switch incoming to outgoing or vice-a-versa. Obviously to keep the incoming lanes separate you want to be sure data from one radar is in one direction and the data from the other radar is in the other direction (if they are in the same direction the data will be merged in the report).
    7. Now do your analysis as usual.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.